Real Training for Real Actors ONLY ONE SPOT LEFT!
This summer, Portland Shakespeare Project will be offering a unique, one-week advanced, conservatory-style program to train high school students as theatre artists capable of performing both Shakespeare and contemporary texts.
The program will be headed by Professor Michael Nehring, a professional actor who specializes in Shakespeare. Professor Nehring teaches acting at Chapman University, and is the Associate Artistic Director and Education Director of Portland Shakespeare Project. Professor Nehring will be joined by professional actors and teachers Sarah Lucht and Luisa Sermol. Read more about our instructors here.
After taking this Conservatory, students will be able to
- Read and comprehend a Shakespearean text
- Build a Shakespearean performance using text analysis and scene study techniques
- Creatively apply breathing, movement and voice techniques
- Prepare and perform a Shakespeare scene and audition monologue
- Create a unique Shakespearean performance built on personal experience
- Perform in a public showcase
The performance conservatory will take place at Artists Repertory Theatre and will run from Monday, June 24, to Friday, June 28.
Class hours will be from 9:30 am to noon and 1:30 pm to 5:00 pm.
Artists Repertory Theatre is located at 1515 SW Morrison Street, Portland, Oregon.
Tuition: $400 (before April 15); $475 (after April 15). Includes a ticket to The Taming of the Shrew and The Tamer Tamed.
This class is limited to twelve high school students.
A registration form is available here.
For additional information about this class, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or at (503) 313-3048.